The daily oral hygiene, as performed in a careful and meticulous manner, is not sufficient to completely remove plaque and tartar from the teeth, the residuals not removed by the brush, from the floss and from the rinses, undergo a process of mineralization them that It transforms into a concretion call lasts tartar.
Tartar, adamant with normal oral hygiene instruments, can only be eliminated through a professional dental cleaning, performed by specialized dental hygienists.
The tartar removal (scaling) is extremely important and just as effective to keep your teeth and implants in full health, and protect them from tooth decay and other diseases.
Benefits of cleaning the teeth (professional oral hygiene)
The professional tooth cleaning is extremely advantageous because in addition to preventing many dental and gum disease, tooth ensures an enviable state of health in the long term.
• Fully removes plaque and tartar: not confined to eliminate tartar concretions on the surface of the teeth, but thoroughly cleans even going into the interdental spaces and in the sub-gingival area.
• Prevents diseases of the oral cavity, or allows you to surprise you in the bud (so to treat them when they are still in the early stages).
• Prevents and counteracts inflammation and gingival retraction.
• Reduces dentinal hypersensitivity.
• It reinforces and strengthens the teeth.
• Makes shiny teeth.
• Eliminates stains.
• It is an effective remedy for halitosis.
Generally it is good practice to do a checkup and teeth cleaning every six months, some patients are recommended hygienist different timing that depends on the characteristics of the oral cavity (some previous treatment or susceptibility to periodontal disease may require more frequent testing ).